It’s been a while since I’ve posted. InshaAllah I’ll be beginning again.
So, in a few days, the wonderful month of Ramadan is beginning inshaAllah. How to prepare? There are many ways. I’m going to post some links and resources but if you know others, please do share inshaAllah!
1. Ilminar: The Fasting and the Furious –> It’s being replayed currently on www.ilminar.com
2. The Heartwheel Journal –> http://www.heartwheeljournal.com/ I’ve heard it’s also going to be available as an online version. If you see that, please let me know!
3. Shaykh Navaid Aziz gave a Welcome Ramadan lecture a couple weeks ago. The notes by a sister can be found here.
4. On Shaykh Riad’s blog, you can find ‘Maximize Your Ramadan’ here which also a cool resource.
5. AlHuda is doing a Ramadan Course as usual, alhamdulillah.
6. Here is a RamadaanChecklist and 30 Lessons For Those Who Fast. Both are PDF’s. The first can be printed (one page) and the second can be read. (30 Lessons… was taken from Kalamullah. Check it out here and you can find many other resources inshaAllah!)
7. Listen to lectures on Ramadan on Halal Tube.
And I will stop right there bi’idnillah. My one word of advice? Something I’m going to be doing myself inshaAllah – make a Ramadan Du’aa list. We don’t make enough du’aa as it is, and we should definitely up the du’aas we make in Ramadan. So, make that list. As Shaykh Muhammad Alshareef said, just choose two things you really want – one from the dunya, and one from the akhirah. Begin from there. Sincerely and consistently make du’aa for them. Who knows? By the end of the year, or even month, your du’aa may be answered 🙂 Walhamdulillahi rabbil alameen!